Saturday, July 9, 2016

Privet from Russia!


Привет! :) Today is my sixth day in Nizhny Novgorod and the first chance to sit down and get organized. All you students out there, wow. How do you do it? I forgot what it's like to be running around from class to class to class!

This morning's first task- cleaning the floor. Ура, haha.


I leave you with some information from one of the afternoon lectures. Russians are famous for their public frowns, of course... but why? According to one of the teachers here, employment rules forbid people in certain professions (police, airport officials, etc) from cracking a smile. A smile would mean they're not taking their job seriously enough. What do you think? Could it be true?

More soon! Пока пока!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to go to NN, but he keeps saying we should go back to Moscow. I keep telling him we need to do both!

    That mop looks so Russian! Did you have to sweep with the branches tied together like a broom too?

    The smile thing is true I think. Or they always tell me smiling is a sign of an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no. Actually, I haven't seen on of those around here. The "mop" was actually a broom with a wet cloth over it. The вахтерша was concerned about dust so she made me use it like that. But I'm glad it wasn't a веник like you said.

      Hope you guys are having fun! :)

      Delete